Brevard County Association for Women Lawyers
The Brevard County Association for Women Lawyers (BCAWL) is a local Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers which actively promotes leadership roles of women in the legal profession, judiciary and community at large. BCAWL was founded to provide a forum for the exchange of knowledge, experiences and the common business interests of its members. Membership is open to all attorneys, male or female. BCAWL represents a diverse group of attorneys and judges with a wide range of practice areas and experience.
BCAWL plans monthly lunches and activities which strive to:
- Facilitate the professional relationships of its members and the legal community at large;
- Promote and recognize contributions within the legal profession;
- Improve the relations between the bar and the general public;
- Promote professionalism within the practice of law;
BCAWL hosts an annual Judicial Assistants’ Luncheon and a Judicial Reception, an event at which the judges of local state, federal and administrative benches are recognized for their contribution to the legal community. Lawyers and judges look forward to these events each year as they provide a unique opportunity for attorneys to meet and socialize with members of the judiciary or their assistants.
BCAWL also reaches out to the community by supporting organizations such as The Haven for Children and the Women’s Center.
By becoming a member of BCAWL, you will be able to:
- Connect with a well-established community of women lawyers all dedicated to each other’s success;
- Attend local events and seminars that provide networking and career development opportunities;
- Make your voice heard in the economic, social and leadership spheres of influence;
- Access resources and benefits that bring bottom-line benefits to your practice.
Don’t miss out on being part of a powerful community of women professionals by joining BCAWL today!
- Networking with lawyers and judges at events
- Automatic membership in State FAWL
- Reduced prices to the Judicial Assistant’s Luncheon and the Judicial Reception honoring judicial assistants and state and federal judges
- Volunteer opportunities with local charities
- Leadership opportunities to foster personal and career development
- FREE CLE events
- Network of qualified attorneys to whom members can refer clients, friends and family when there is a need for practitioners in other areas of law